YES I JUST HAD TO PRE-ORDER ME THE NEW SIDEKICK LX. YES I KNOW IM FEEN'N BUT I DONT EVEN CARE. CAUSE I NEED A NEW PHONE. MUST ADMIT IM ADDICTED TO SIDEKICKS.
THAN I WAS ON WWW.HIPTOP3.COM READING ABOUT IT AND I JUST FELL MORE IN LOVE WITH THE PHONE. LOL.
LOOK NOW YOU CANT SAY YOU AINT GETTING THIS PHONE AFTER YOU READ THIS BELOW....GO HEAD READ IT.....
Thanks to the folks at the official Danger Device Forums, there are a lot more specifics on features thanks to the moderators who actually have been test-driving the devices for several weeks. Here is the rundown so far (with some more pics!):
- No Shells like the 2008
- 3 mood lights – new locations: 1 on top and bottom of the keyboard
and 1 long one on the top edge of the screen when opened (bottom of screen when closed)
- Actual Screen Shot (click for full size)
- no animated gifs
- SDHC Memory – no limit – just what is available on the market (16gb – OK!!)
- Speaker is louder than before
- Video Mode - Low Res is a 176×144 resolution meant for sending via email/mms. This resolution is limited to something like 4 minutes.
- Video taken from an SK09 (Hi-Res Mode – no recording limit!!):
- Photo App Max size: 2,048 x 1,536
- You can Geotag photos with your GPS location.
- It’s a 3.2MP camera with Auto Focus and flash (no zooming).
- There’s an auto focus mode with options distant and macro mode. There’s white balance controls, and B&W, Sepia, Negative effect options.
- Available resolution options are:
- 2048 x 1536
- 1600 x 1200
- 1280 x 960
- 800 x 600
- 640 x 480
- YouTube videos work.
- m.break.com videos work (but not smooth)
- Seesmic does not work
- Facebook app seems to be a souped-up mobile version. No videos, apps, etc.
- Internet Radio Works!! (Ex: ShoutCast):
- Yahoo Messenger supports animated buddy icons.
- AIM and Yahoo Messenger now support photo sharing
- You can also upload videos to youtube (or photobucket or myspace) directly
- Web Browser still does not support Flash
- You cannot roam on AT&Ts 3G Network due to the ranges being different:
The LX09 supports UMTS Bands 2100, 1700, 850.
T-Mobile uses 1700 and 2100 for 3G, while AT&T uses 1900. So you won’t be able to roam on AT&T 3G.
As for “Other networks”, it depends on what 3G band they are using.
- Still has chrome around the USB/Charger, but appears to be more sratch-resistant:
- Data plans are grandfathered. T-Mobile will not raise your rates
- When GPS is on, the battery drains faster. (there is an option to turn it on/off)
- Browser is overall the same as the last OTA on the LX. But you have a LOT more room:
- Still 6MB limit on email/ 100+30 limit on SMS (both same as before)
- No confirmation as to “Free Ringtone downloads” still basing it on info already published.
- Themes can still be user-generated like before
- Social apps (Twitter, Myspace, Photobucket, and Facebook) are all FREE – no monthly charges!!!!